Does anyone know of any legit work @ home jobs

I work almost 50 hours a week and I miss everything (or it feels that way) in my daughters life. I don't want a pyrmid type of situation just something legit that I can do from home!

joannacrf

Asked by joannacrf at 3:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• "Jobs" are hard to come by, usualy "jobs" where you punch in and earn a paycheck while working at home are given to those who are already established in their field/office!

Many will post here about Direct Selling companies....they are "legit" but the reality is they don't make you a heck of a lot of money!

It's a personal preference and choice. Some do really well with these companies, but most don't. And you aren't guranteed to earn money for the work you do....that's the tough part. You can be an Avon rep, buy 500 brochures, spend hours labeling them, bagging them, canvassing with them and only get 1 or 2 phone calls with tiny orders.

I did Avon and several others for years, spent more than I earned! I've also sold on eBay for 9 years. I've changed what I sold over the years, but I've been a powerseller and had several eBay stores. I'm getting back into the swing and already finding success.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom and have a 22 month old son. I joined CEO Moms awhile back and I absolutely love it. I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant and prosperous. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! I don't have to sell anything, keep inventory, or do parties. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and still be there for my son.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would love to talk to you and give you more info so you can do the same!!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I sell mostly new and used clothing items I get at clearance sales, yard sales and thrift stores. I sometimes buy off of craislist as well, and at yard sales with decent maternity or kids/baby clothes I leave my name and number with them and tell them to call me after the show with how many items they have left and what they'll take for them.....recently bought 70 Maternity pieces for $40, sold them in TWO lots, one went for $300, the other $225...so $525, minus the $40, ebay and paypal fees I made about $400 in profit! Not bad!

Of course eBay isn't for everyone either. Some people open day cares in their homes, others clean houses in their area or run errands for the elderly.

I have a 5 year old and I'm expecting my second in December, I love the fact I sell on eBay, and make more than I did working retail. I get to shop for a living...hehehe....and I'm with my son all day long, I wouldn't have it any other way!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Check into Elance at www.elance.com. You can join for free, and bid for jobs. I have joined and have a profile, but have not placed a bid for a project ever. I'm running my business out of my home, designing and editing books, but this is one site that I know is legitimate.
    Krazy4Katz

Answer by Krazy4Katz at 3:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sure do! I have a list on my web site...

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I work for www.kgbkgb.com. It's a job, I'm an independent contractor. They have commercials on television - they answer questions from mobile devices (text messages). You do it on your computer. I really like it. It's not going to replace a full time job - but you can easily bring in enough money to pay for a couple smaller bills each month. There are some people who work their butts off and bring in over $1,000 from doing it. I doubt I'll ever be one of them. But the work is fun, the questions you get are interesting a lot of the time.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have 2 young boys at home ages 5 and 2 and started an at home biz. I absolutely love being home with my boys while earning an income! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! Feel free to contact me by email at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com for more info. I would love to answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I work with Procard International. What can Procard International provide for you?

* A part-time or full-time career
    * NO Investments, NO Kits, NO Multi-Level
    * Your own personalized business website
    * A career representing over 1,000,000 professionals
    * Great Income options
    * Flex-time, flex-place work
    * A full-Support Staff, who can help you succeed!
    * FREE Leads, FREE training resources, 24.7.365 Support Staff
    * Plenty of career options, which fit within your needs including 100% Internet
    They have been in good standing with the BBB for 7 years.
    http://www.procardinternational.com/careers/index.aspx?refer=kristens4761
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 6:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009