OMG!!! How would you response to this? Plus, would you do it to?

Today, I went over to my sister's house to visted the twin girls (age 12) and to catch on what is going on in her life. Well, long story short..my sister took a mugshoot, and fingerprinted her older daughter Amber for hitting her twin sister with a portable small carry in your pocket C.D. player. I mean she had it all. My sister installed a pull down white screen, made a chalkboard that she wrote in chalk Ambers first and last name...also added Mom's house with the date, month and year.Amber stood to the right, lefted, and center when she took the pictures. My sister printed a pieces of paper along with Amber's pictures to be glue to the printed paper. My sister wrote down what she was being charged with, the date, the year, the month, the time, and the punishment. At the bottom my sister had her frintprinted...I am still shocked, and lefted my sister when she did this. (cont..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My sister's "jailhouse" was the schoolroom(they are home schooled)...I lefted when she said that she will spend an hour in there to write a sorry note to her sister. I am still shocked. How would you deal with this? Would you do something like this to your child?
    Anonymous

• LOL. I think that was a great idea.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like she is trying to prepare her for the real world. Not something I would have thought of as a punishment, but it sounds like nothing really was harmed either. I say Kudos to her for trying a different method to get the point across.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• well it sure is creative.... I don't think it's crazy, cruel or over the top. Sounds a little complicated, lol.... but different things work for different families.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I just afraid the nexts thing she will pull out is a pair of handicuffs..but can she really use the handicuffs?
    Anonymous

• I think that's a pretty darn clever way to make a point and give a bit of a reality check to her kid. Kudos for her for putting so much thought and effort into administering discipline. There was no physical abuse involved, and she just might get her daughter to realize the potential consequences of continuing her bad behavior.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 3:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't agree with it. I think I would have said something. There are better ways to handle a situation like that. how old are they?
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• That is the most retarded thing i EVER heard!
    Anonymous

• Sorry you answered the age. I still wouldn't have done that. Not for hitting.
    Anonymous

• I think it's creative and funny!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009