how much mucus is in a mucus plug?

I have been loosing it off and on for about a week now. 4 out of 5 times that I pee I have mucus ranging from dime size to boucy ball size. I have had a few that were half dollar size. I keep telling myself that's got to be it then I will pee again and there is more!!! I'm so frusterated! its grossing me out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• totally gross, but the same thing happened to me for prob. 3 weeks prior to my last child being born. and went I went for a check 2 days before he was born. the doctor said I hadnt opened and nothing was happening. So babsiclly its huge and u might still have away's to go. good luck!
    Anonymous

• The mucus actually grows back! I lost a bunch about a week before labor and my midwife told me it can grow back. The day I went into labor I lost a huge clump. I think it was like the size of a goldball or something.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009