Have you seen the guy on tv who says he can "cure" your child of any behavioral issue?

He has a dvd that will teach you how to take care of any behavioral issue including ADHD. One mom on there said it is all she needed. I think but I am not an "expert" it takes more then a dvd to take care of behavor problems.

robinsi2000

Asked by robinsi2000 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have not seen this man, and I agree with you. Is it like hypnotherapy? I have heard people say you can cure things through hypnotherapy, but I don't buy it. It is a lot more complicated than telling someone that you can be "cured" through a deep sleep and a soft voice. People are always wanting to cure things instead of helping them get better.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL...i don't always think it's the kids that need the cure, but the parents. I'm not sure about the ADHD thing, but most childhood behavioral issues can be "cured."...if the parents work with them, i don't think a dvd can promise that. maybe the dvd can give tips for the parents. I've been in the child development field for over 20 years now, if this man could truely cure a child, he'd be filthy rich and wouldn't need to make a dvd. lol. I think it's probably not worth buying, but i'd be curious to see his credentials. do you have a website, it'd be fun to see what this man claims (and get a good laugh i'm sure).
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm guessing the people that were 'cured' didn't really have those problems. Parenting tips can come from DVDs, books, TV shows (how many people do you think have better kids becuase of SuperNanny?!). If you let your kids run around and walk all over you, it's easy to put the blame on behavioral issue. Then when you regain control, suddenly the problems are gone.
    Anonymous

• The title of the DVD is the Total Transformation Program. It does give pointers but it is a program that parents would rely on to much instead of seeking the help they need. That is what bothers me.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• IMO it's a scam, if your kid has serious behavior problems a DVD is not going to change that.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009