Sahms, do you ask husband for help or

do you figure he has his job you have yours so you don't ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• When I was a sahm I would ask for help with certain things that I was unable to do on my own. But now that we both work, we split the chores!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I ask mine for help. He has his job that is true, but after he puts in his nine hours, he is done. I have a 24 hour a day job. He can help out! Mine does too without complaint. God I love him!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I dont ask... he just helps .... he's so great :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I ask sometimes I dont even have to. I have four kids though. lol One of us always needs help!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i do ask for help. i don't expect him to do 50% of the work, but just enough so he has a relationship with them. just supervision really. no baths, diaper changes, changing of clothes, meal prep. i wish i could get him to watch them more though. sometimes it's very overwhelming if you haven't had a breather since the first one was born. but yes, i guess that qualifies as asking for help right? supervision of the children while i bathe, toilet, & prepare meals
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• He is the most amazing Man I know. During the week he comes home and plays with the kids while I make dinner, helps with bath time and bed time and then on the weekends we both split duties and take care of the kids equally.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Same as momymine3. He is awesome in helping out and sharing duties!
    Kam06

Answer by Kam06 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I ordinarily didn't ask. I figured he had his job and I had mine. If he did too much sitting around relaxing, though, and I was struggling at midnight to get produce canned, I'd get pretty annoyed.

Answer by Bmat at 4:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I usually don't have to ask him for help, he just helps out. He'll clean the kitchen or the bathroom or vacuum and almost always helps out with our son's bedtime routine. He's awesome! :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• yes, sometimes. I also work from home some too, so i don't always get everything done, and he NEVER says anything about it, gotta love him! But i enjoy house work. He helps and does things especially if i'm not feeling well, or have a stressful day.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009