Shouldn't I have lost something by now????

I have cut way down on my carbs for the past 2 1/2 weeks and workout at least 4 days a week with 3-45 min cardio plus 30 minutes on weight machines. Here is what I have been eating;

Breakfast- coffee with little splenda and little creamer and one scrambles egg
snack- almonds or cheese cubes
lunch- salad with frilled chicken w/ celery with a little ranch dip or dlie meat with cheese cubes and the celery.
snack- almonds or cheese cubes
supper- grilled chicken / hamburger steak / grilled ham with salad and green beans or cabbage.

And I have been drinking water! What is the deal? I know women who have dropped alot of weight like this and my scale won't budge! I am getting ready to give it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't quit, it takes a longer time for some to begin to lose weight than others. So many factors like hormones lack of sleep etc...AND the infamous muscle weighs more than fat! Maybe try a nutritionist or take some multi vitamins (a good one) that may help.
    Anonymous

• Maybe as you're losing fat you're gaining muscle...
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I like logging everything I eat on fitday.com along with my activities. On that site I enter my height, weight, measurements, age, ect and it helps track my cals, fats, carbs, and helps monitor my weight loss goals.
    It is really helpful for me to see what Im eating broken down into charts and graphs.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How much are you eating? For example, a serving of almonds is around ten nuts;

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i would try a 1200 calorie diet. portion control is more important in the long run. i lost 125 lbs. doing that and it was really easy (ok, so you have to be strict, but the payoff is good lol). i have heard various stories about the low-carb craze but most studies say taht the people can't keep the weight off in the long-run
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Eat your biggest meal for lunch or breakfast. You may be gaining muscle mass as you lose, but sometimes it takes a little while to start seeing any changes. give it another week and a half. You should notice an increase in energy already and possibly feel a "crabing" to workout. You're working hard. Don't give up.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Watch portion sizes. Sometimes a person needs a wide variety of foods, inluding carbs in order to lose weight. My doctor told me that a good diet doesn't restrict any foods, a body needs certain nutrients and from a variety of sources. It is best to eat variety but in moderation. You could also be gaining muscle before losing fat, which is how women lose weight. It is so much easier for men to lose weight than women. So not fair.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009