What are the best ways to get rid of the belly pouch after having a baby?

Seems things will never go back to where they used to be. Is the only way to get rid of the extra saggy skin to have a tummy tuck?

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Cardio Cardio Cardio. You can do crunches all day and all night but all it will do is make muscles that are hidden by a layer of fat. By burning calories you burn off that fat. Also diet is really important when it comes to losing fat. You should cut out simple carbs like white breads, pasta, and rice and start eating lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Drink 8 glasses of water a day and especially stay away from sodas (even diet). Hope this helps.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Diet and Exercise...Uggh!!! Yes, it is the only way..I am afraid to say!!! I feel your pain sister..I feel your pain! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I've heard cardio and weights help a lot with of course a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water. I think you are referring to the muffin top belly. I have one of those too! lol. I've also been given advice to use a firming lotion on it to help :)
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Healthy Diet will help, but the biggest thing needed is a good toning of that area. You can do this by doing crunches, start out with 100 a day. These aren't normal crunches though. You want to have your legs perpendicular to your torso, bending at the knees. Tighten your lower abdomen, and crunch all the way up to your knees. Make sure to keep that lower stomach area tight through the WHOLE set!

Good luck mommy!
    jacksmom27

Answer by jacksmom27 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago by cutting back on my portions, exercising at Curves and drinking lots of water. I still have sagging skin around my middle although it has shrunk a little bit. It came from having 2 babies and losing the 50 pounds and I exercise 3-4 times a week, including my abs, and unless by some miracle I can ever afford a tummy tuck, unfortunately it's there to stay and so are all the stretch marks!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008