Class vs No Class?

Here is what a classy and distinguished African American says about the MA Police-Gates ordeal:

"I was shocked to hear the president making this kind of statement. I don't care how much pressure people want to put on him or put on it about race, I'm keeping my mouth shut"

Now here's what Obama said:

"I don't know - not having been there and not seeing all the facts - what role race played in that, but I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home,"

Now, how many wish Bill Cosby were our President?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's hope more AA kids look to Bill Cosby as a Role Model and not Obama.
    Anonymous

• Oooh !

If Bill Cosby were "King", the African American self-image would be SO much more prosperous and self-confident ! The constant barrage from politicians - about how downtrodden minorities are and how only the gov't aid programs are going to help them, so "vote for me" - really pigeon-holes people and narrows their idea of their own power.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• "Let's hope more AA kids look to Bill Cosby as a Role Model and not Obama."

I completely agree with you. I'd even expand that to all kids, regardless of race.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• AMEN I love Cosby...He has it all nailed to a T ....That is a very intelligent black man.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well said waldorfmom absolutely right
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Now lets all remember that Bill Cosby is a Rapist....

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/cosby_threw_me_on_the_bed/
    Anonymous