How can i get a tojan or virus out of my computer?

I have a virus protection but my computer is running very slow

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 3:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go to the group Computer Moms Computer Heaven and Pinksodapop will fix you up

Answer by admckenzie at 3:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Do a virus scan .... make sure your virus protection is up to date.... defrag it....if you have windows washer that helps alot... the first time I used it it clear 1 g of memory in my computer
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• *trojan
    I can't edit the question

thanks admceknzie will do that now
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 3:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• how do you get window washer?
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 3:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'll find a site that had it free and send it k :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• thanks
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 3:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• http://download.cnet.com/Webroot-Window-Washer/3000-2144_4-10017839.html
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I took it to a shop and they just charged me like $35 to diagnose another $50 to fix. Turns out I had a virus in my anti-virus program. So they cleaned it all up and recommended a new anti virus program to buy and I downloaded it. I just looked in the phone book for computer repair. Don't go to a big box store like Best Buy they will charge you an arm and a leg.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 4:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Run a virus scan first. My fiend had a Trojan and had to get rid of her computer, it could not be saved. Do NOT use Norton, my friend swore by Norton and she had virus after virus. She switched to AVG free version and she has had NO viruses on her new computer. I have always used AVG and have had no problems. BTW, I used the Norton trial that came with my computer and my computer ran really slow and I had nothing but problems.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't know... I have one too. I had McAfee but the Virus attached to it and the system deleted those files and subsiquently itself... So, I reinstaled but it did it again... Good luck!

We had AVG... horrid! It didn't catch anything! McAfee is supposed to be best, but well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009