at what age can infants start to eat teething cookies

Asked by dleefranklin at 1:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my son at 5months he loved them ate them till they turned to mush!

Answer by Moe727 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• My daughter is 7.5 months old and I just started her with the gerber teething cookies. She has 5 teeth now, and some more coming in. She loves them! and they just melt, but it is very very messy.

Answer by jahair89 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• usually after 7 months. There are directions to the packages. try them yourself first, try to mush them with you tongue.

Answer by charisma10 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• Myself I started when my kids started teething. not only did they love it, but it helped with the cookies rubbing on there Gums, until there teeth broke threw =)

Answer by julie6683 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• My 7 month old twins adore their teething biscuits, and I have to keep them separated so that they don't steal each other's. They have been eager to try finger foods since they were just over 4 months, and since they were both pretty strong and could lift their heads and seemed stable, I have been allowing them a handheld snack each day.

As for the teething biscuits, they are far healthier than most mushable finger foods, and seldom break off into chucks so they definitely get my thumbs up as long as the baby is holding his own head up and able to aim the biscuit to the right orifice at least 2 out of 10 times ;)

Answer by mommybrat at 1:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• I started my son at six months. He had some teeth though. So I would say when your baby starts to get some teeth, then I would give them some.

Answer by ambie1983 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• i started giving my son teething cookies when he was about 5 months but since he didn't have any teeth at that time and i didn't want him to choke i would put the cookie into a feeder net and hand it to him. and he loves the cookie but most he loves his feeder net.

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2008