I'm excited and nervous for my 4 yr old.

He will be starting preschool next month and I'm filled with so many conflicting emotions. He is such a social butterfly and he's very smart for his age, so I'm not worried about that, but I've been a SAHM for over a year now and I feel like I don't trust anyone with my kids. How did you overcome your fears and anxiety?

tabc531

Asked by tabc531 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what helped me alot was i got to met all the teachers and teachers assistants before they started school and they also did home visits before school started and during school. the preschool teachers at our school here are all young and i knew they would be able to keep up with 20 kids.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I volunteered at the school. That way I could reassure myself that everyone would be fine, I could build good relationships with the teachers, and my children would know for sure that I cared about them and their education.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• gee i wish my son was going to pre-school. we are not elgible for the program, so he has to wait to go to kindergarden. i'm so pissed.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• trust and independence should be kept in the front of your mind - most children come back from preschool in one peice or if not it can be fixed...lol remember your letting them explore the world as their own person...mine will be going next year so this is truly advice that i already tell myself and i completely understand nobody has even babysat my son except his grandparents good luck!
    mumlovesjexus

Answer by mumlovesjexus at 4:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009