Police union demands an apology from Obama

Didn't Obama once have the political support of the Police Union? Is that why Obama rushed out to make a statement and meet with Officer Crowely personally?
Long-winded, excruciatingly politic and platitudinous, amounting to nothing more, really, than “there are two sides to every story” and “race relations are sensitive and complex.” No apology, either.

Doesn't this sound strikingly similar to the crap Obama pulled when the Wright story broke big last year. His first statement was a pander to his base to score cheap political points .

Who else is excited for 2010 and 2012? If elections were held today, Iwould have to say Obama lost many votes from law enforcement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• GOOD he should of kept his pie hole shut.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Maybe Biden should start holding televised press conferences. At least with dementia riddled Biden, you expect these kinds of gaffes, and can usually see it coming! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm a cop wife and I am not impressed.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 4:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with President Obama 100%. I'm not impressed with any police officer who feels a need to arrest a 58 y/o man on HIS OWN PROPERTY, Harvard professor or not. It's not disorderly conduct to demand the name and badge # of an officer who disrespects you. I'm certain this cop wouldn't have arrested a white professor in the same situation. And where the F were the cops last when Dr. Gates was out of town and his house was broken into? I respect law enforcement in general but Officer Crowley was way out of line.
    Anonymous

• I come from a family full of cops and what Crowley did was unethical beyond measure. His attitude is shameful to the shield. Our men and women in blue have an honorable field of work but its the few like Crowley who give them the bad rep.
    Anonymous

• Obama had no business making a statement of any kind regarding this matter.

The only thing he did was fan the flames of an otherwise little known news story.

Anonymous

• His attitude is shameful to the shield.

His union brothers and sisters seem to disagree. And since they would come closer to  knowing the true story than you would, I think I'll go with their opinion.

Anonymous

• I honestly believe that if it was a white prof and if they had shown the same behavior that Crowley would have arrested him as well. If you notice from the pictures there are black officers standing on the porch supporting their fellow officers. I have trouble with the Prof expecting people to know him. I honestly think that if I ran into the President or Vice President in Walmart I wouldn't recognize them without their security detail. Think of how many big name movie stars go shopping and people never recognize when they're out shopping. It's just not something you expect them to do. I can tell you a story of a country music artist who went out for a corn dog at the fair before he was supposed to be on stage and security wouldn't let him back in because they didn't recognize him without his 10 gallon white hat. Anyone know him?
    Anonymous

• I think Obama was right! Around the bay area here in California theres nothing but cops who are racist! I have never had a problem myself but I have seen a lot of b.s. that cops here pull!
    Anonymous

• Honestly, i don't think the president of U.S should have said that. But It doesn't mean that its false. Its very true IMO that those police officers acted stupidly. But I have debated this in another forum. Oh well, thats JMHO.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 5:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009