My husband has been bringing his girlfriend home 4 the past 6 mo's. I have 2 put my son 2 bed by seven

when she comes over which is every saturday night and stays thru sunday. My son doesnt see her because she stays in the bedroom all sunday. It is my job 2 keep him away from that part of the house, while they stay in the room nude. I know friends have told me 2 leave, but i want 2 give my son the stability of being raised with his parents and my husband has a great job and is well respected in the community, and i feel although i have 2 endure a lot of heartache in the bedroom, my son doesnt see. Am i doing the right thing?

heather_82

Asked by heather_82 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• No you aren't. Get out of there or tell your "husband" that if he wants to lay nude with a woman all do to do it at her house. What do you think this says about you?? Nothing possitive. BE A STRONG WOMAN. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.
    Anonymous

• Sweety... I am sure you mean well, but the answer is NO.
    When people say it is better for kids to grow up in a home with 2 parents, they really should say to parents who love and are commited to one another in a happy healthy relationship.
    In my opinion, your kids would be better off in a single family home than in the current situation they are in.
    Sorry.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no. your son will find out one day. that is such a horrible position to be in. does your son think mommy & daddy are still together and still love each other? or does he know your situation? i still don't think that is right. because he'll figure it out one day, and think it's okay to do what he wishes with other women & his wife will tolerate it.
    Anonymous

• *two not to. oops
    honeyb3

• What? Excuse me? You're letting your husband bring his girlfriend home, You let him have a girlfriend, WTH is wrong with you. Leave his ass. Set up a video camera in the room record his ass, show a lawyer, show the judge and take everything from his ass. You and your son deserve better hun. Alot better, right now your son doesn't know, well when he's older he will. I say pack his shit hun, thats your house.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, he should go to his gf home! That is unacceptable! I would be furious or at least I would leave, you are not showing ur son stability buy letting his daddies gf come over even if he doesnt see her kids r smart they will figure it out.
    Anonymous

• "but i want 2 give my son the stability "

absolutely not the right thing!

you need some self esteem

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• what the HELL? Any man that will bring another woman into your house and lay up with his wife there is an BOLD idiot, and can give a dam about u and your son and the concept of family. Leave and take him for everything he got. I suggest you start increasing your bank account, finding a place to stay, and a good ass lawyer..thats ridiculous!
    Anonymous

• you're trying to do right by your son, but i think a big lesson your son will learn is that it's okay to treat women this way. It's not. Kick your husband out. And as for the girlfriend, holy cow, she has a lot of nerve! I'd like to pummel her for you!

take care of yourself, in doing so you'll be taking care of your son too. Be strong.

rebel07...i agree with the legal stuff...keep a journal too and document. Or heck, walk in on them and take photo's! If they are going to be so blatant, you can too.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, thats not right or healthy. You may think you are being stable for your son, but I am guessing this is taking a much bigger toll on you than you think and your son will pick up on that. I say this cause I was just separated for 8 mos, thought I held it together pretty good, but looking back I know I didnt. You and your son deserve more, much more.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009