How would you handle this???

My plumbing has been backing up recently. As of Monday the toilet would not do anything! I mean nothing at all! We have 6 kids! I notified my landlord and called a plumber. The plumber came out and could not repair the problem. My kids have been using the bathroom outside in our backyard. I have a hose out there so they can wash thier hands and then I spray the area with disinfectant and rinse with the hose. My Landlord called today and asked my what have we been doing since we do not have use of a bathroom. I told her if we have to make #2 we either go at work or go to a nearby church and if they are closed we find other means. For #1 we just go outside (I gave her the above explanation). She got extermely upset and said we should not go outside on her property to use the bathroom! Well what should we have done! The plumber did not fix the problem we are currently waiting for plumber #2 to come by tonight!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Tell your landlord to call the water company. If plumber 1 couldn't fix it, it may be in the main pipe. We had this issue at our rental house. The water company, as long as the clog is in the main line, will pump it through.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• oh, and tell landlord that it is her responsibility to make sure that the home is functioning properly and if she cannot do that, then she needs to find other means for you to use a bathroom. Basically, either fix the problem or stop complaining, those are her only two choices.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Tell her to F OFF!
    Anonymous

• OH hell no sweet heart!! She needs to put you and your fam up in a hotel till its fixed call the health department and start deducting from your rent! I am a property manager here in town and she only had 24hrs to react now its been to damn long! I am so sorry for this issue you are dealing with! SERIOUSLY! HOTEL HILTON AND PRONTO!!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would say at the very least she should give you access to an empty apartment that you can use the bathroom in.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• call the healthy department and the local tenants rights office.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I had a problem something like you have and it went on to long. I called the board of health and had one mad landlord. It got fixed and they found other things wrong also.
    KathyH105

Answer by KathyH105 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Thanks Ladies!
    Anonymous