Is bathing with your 19 month old inapropriate?

My husband will hop in the shower with our 19 month old but it kinda freaks him out... Me I just hop in the tub with him a couple times a week and bust out with the foam alphabet and tub paint to get his brain going he loves it I am just wondering if ppl find it inapropriate or if Im not the only crazy mama out there

ALDmama

Asked by ALDmama at 4:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why is it wrong after 2 years old? I don't think so. I shower with both of my children. My son is 3 1/2 and his sister is 2.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• 19 month
    of course that is not a problem
    if husband feels weird than he does not have to bath with child
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No me and dd shower together all the time and she is 22 months. I think same sex is diff. though. Maybe when he hits 2 then u should stop!
    Anonymous

• i dnt c y u cant it ur son an u arent doing anything inappropriate i know alot of moms who do this
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No it's not. You're just bathing. It's not appropriate when they start knowing body parts and start being curious.

Anonymous

• i have a 2yo dd... we still take regular baths together.. Its just easier!! If i had a son i would probley still be taking a bath with him. But that is something Id have to talk to dh about since he is a guy.. Ive never grown up around boys so i dont know what age is right..

Now on the flip side I do not feel comfortable with men bathing with girls.. Its just an issue I, myself have so dd has never bathed with dh..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• we take family showers alot
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my son is 2 and we take a shower together....its convenient
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think until 2 is good... Maybe a little after. I would say once they start noticing the difference it should stop. My DD has showered with DH twice, the first time she smacked him in his testicles and said BALLS! She was 15 or 16 months. The second time she was 19 months, same thing. It's not happening again.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter father is exactly the same way. I think it's kind of a guy thing. I stopped taking shower with my daughter when she started getting curious. It's just kind of what is normal for your family.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009