if you go into preterm labor...can you still have an epidural?

I am 27 weeks and tested positive for my Fetal Fibronectin Test. If I do go into labor...can I still have an epidural? Will it harm the baby since Im not full term?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends if bbys in distress an they will try an stop ur labor by giving u shots to get u closer to ur due date
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If its way before your due date they will try and stop your labor.

I gave birth to my son at 34 weeks with my water breaking and I got an epidural about 3 hours after I got to the hospital. There should be no reason why you can't get one, unless when you get to the hospital its too late. But I think you should be fine.

GL!
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 5:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Unless they decide to try to stop the labor, or give you a c-section, you can get an epidural. But your doctor will advice you as to what is best to do for you AND your baby when this time comes. If it is a possibility, they will offer it to you. Be sure to ask during your visits, so they know this is what you want as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes. but chances are they will do everything they can to STOP labor. This is way too soon. Granted baby's chance of survival this early is good, but it's still too soon.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009