sharp pelvic pain at 30 weeks?

I'm 30 weeks and getting some sharp stabbing pains in my pelvic region. Sometimes it feels like someone is taking a knife to my inner pelvic region or scratching up my bladder. It hurts pretty bad, like probably a 7 on a scale from 1-10. I'm also having menstrual like cramps on and off and lower back pain that is dull and achy and sticks around most of the time. Any ideas what this could be? Just normal pregnancy stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it was Round Ligament Pain. I was told it's when the ligaments stretch from the hips to the lower part of the uterus. Hurt like hell!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Having the same issues minus the cramping. First child? If not have you had a previous c section? I am 31 weeks and over weight I am having all kinds of pain feels like I kicked by a horse down there it sucks!! What my OBGYN nurse said was because I had a previous csection my pain would be worse than normal due to my healed incesion. And even if I hadnt had the csection it would be there... Some advice would be to wear a belly brace you can get them at target even I think maternity stores. That will take off some of the pressure to your ligaments and the pelvic region I am wearing one right now and it has helped by at least 50 percent!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i have the same issues my doctor says its probably braxton hicks...and what everyone says about them being painless, well those ppl have never had them...my doc just says to make sure when u get those feelings to start timing them, if u have like 6 in an hour or they come like every 5 mins go to the hospital! but i remember i had the same feelings midway pregnancy but they would last an hour at a time and id get a 10 min reprive in between, it turned out to be a bladder infection...just keep in contact with ur doc...sorry if i scared u
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Probably your ligaments.... it hurts like hell
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 3:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009