Would you let your kid?

Would you let your 3-4 year old play outside, in your yard, in the country, alone, as long as you could hear the from inside your house? Would it make a difference if you could see them from inside?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD is 2 1/2 and outside alone right now. I can hear and see her though.
    Kam06

Answer by Kam06 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think I would if we had a fenced in yard but we don't so unless and adult is outside she doesn't go and shes 4 1/2
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't, but I live in a big city. Might be different if I lived in a rural area like the one that I was raised in.
    Anonymous

• yes as long as I hear and see him....if it gets quiet out I holler at him to make sure he's there. If he dosen't answer then I go looking for him. Hes always in the back yard though where I can't see or hear him. I make him get back in the front yard or if he keeps disobeying me then I make him come in the house.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• when outside i dont let my son out of my sight.
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i let my daughter in the yard, but i have the door and window open so i can see her and i keep a conversation going with her. or i will make sure i can hear her if she is playing with the neighbor's kids. i prefer to be outside with her as much as i can. she's 4 1/2. i wouldn't let her outside on her own even under those conditions until she was nearly 4. same rules will apply to my son.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If the yard is fenced in without a gate then yes i would let him outside alone in the country. and out in my backyard if it was fenced in without a gate.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Okay this is only honesty speaking but it depends on the childs comprehension of certain things..like safety etc and if they are a child that may have the disposition to wander or not? But definetly much much safer in a rural setting then in the city..a fenced yard definetly and depends for how long? And if your keeping an eye on them for the most part or deciding to do something distracting while away from your child? Whatever you feel is right probably is
    mumlovesjexus

Answer by mumlovesjexus at 3:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 3 1/2 and she can't go outside unless one of us is with her. Our yard is not fenced in and she is not one to wonder but I feel better with me being outside where I can see her.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 8 yrs old and my son will be 3 and I don't allow either of them outside without an adult. and i do live in the country.
    queenie1014

Answer by queenie1014 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009