I need to buy a high chair. Any suggestions or advice?

I need to get a high chair for my 9 month old. Is there any certain things I should look for in one? Is there any brands I should or shouldn't get? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AmandaLynn8706

Asked by AmandaLynn8706 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recommend the Space Saver High chair that target or Toys r' Us has.
    It is a high chair the converts to a booster seat too.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You need to do research on the web. We don't know your price range or other particulars. It is a personal preference. Usually you can look up something like" Highchair reviews" and several sites will pop up. Target has a nice selection too. Good luck.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 5:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I got a really nice high chair thing at walmart for about $20. it was one that you sat on a regular chair and it had a tray that you could detach. I think that a regular high chair is a waste. At least this one turns into a booster seat and can be used for a toddler until they are ready for a regular chairl
    gwen2814

Answer by gwen2814 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Space Saver High Chair is the BEST one out there... we have 2 and are about to get another one to keep at the grandparents... you cant go wrong with the space saver
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• We have a booster seat high chair. Its sooo nice. It takes up no room in the kitchen (the other ones have huge, bulky bases) and it travels nicely to relatives' houses. Ours is by Eddie Bauer (SP?) It was a gift, I think it was like $40.
    ValiVal

Answer by ValiVal at 5:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My sons chair two cushions and a harness and strap. It's nice, but there are tons of parts to clean. I have to take it all apart and scrub in a bunch of little crevices. If I had it to do over I would have gotten one that was more simple.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my daughter is 4.5 months old and we just bought her a highchair. we got her a graco highchair (the style is elyse). i wanted to get a booster, but we only have a table that seats 4, so when we have people over, the babies highchair would be taken up a seat and i didn't like that. also - the highchair we got has a little compartment underneath. i love it. i keep all of her bibs there and a pack of wipes so that i can wipe her down after every meal. it works great. it was $115 @ babies r us, but for us it's worth it. it's also nice because when she's bigger, we can take the tray off and pull the highchair up to the table and she can use that as her chair for a while, before she grows into a real chair.
    MammaHota

Answer by MammaHota at 6:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair
    My son is almost 2 and he still uses this. You can also take it with u in pubic resturants if you prefer. It is awesome. Can recline for smaller ones and turns into a booster seat for bigger ones!
    mom2ethan-logan

Answer by mom2ethan-logan at 6:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009