First proper meeting.

I am young and decided to give my daughter up for adoption around 18 months ago. It's open. Her adoptive parents want me to meet them tomorrow to talk them and introduce her birth-mother to her properly. Just to get her used to it gradually. I'm really scared. Has anyone been through this? Sorry to ask...please help. I'm very nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Adoption

• No I haven't, I didn't reunite with my baby until he was 17. But don't apologize for asking :) There is a group on her called Birth Mothers of Open Adoption, or something like it. I'm sure you can find young women there who have open adoptions with their young children. Be brave, your daughter needs you in her life. You have no idea how much better off she is compared to the adoptees of the past.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• wow, all i can say is good luck and be strong.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think that when you meet her again...you will know exactly what to say and do. Blessings to you and your daughter, and her parents. C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How did it go? Update????

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• How are you doing today? Hugs to you.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I hope she's OK.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i hope all went well
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010