asshole brother in law

ok so i wasnt sure where to put this but oh well...so whats going on is when i was 8 yrs old i was no longer to see my adult sister because of the fact that someone (we do not know who) had called dhs on her and her husband, well my sisters husband is a mommas boy and believes everything his momma tells him and does everything she tells him to do...which caused my sister to have a horrible life (his mom threatened to have my BIL take the kids away and never let them see her all cuz she stood up to his mom) well,his momma told everyone that it was my dad that called dhs (cuz my dad is like the black sheep in the family) which it wasnt my dad! he has never lied to me,we have an open relationship where we can speak about anything and plus he didnt even know where they lived...everytime i visited my sis picked me up at mcdonalds half way to their house!!!! well since all this my sister has died without me being able to....

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• (sorry kinda long) ...see her...now my niece who i havent seen since i was eight and she was four has recently contacted me! Exciting right? wrong, now my asshole BIL says i dont know her so why do i need to talk with her? ive tried talking with him but nothing...just comes back to the entire dhs thing...should i just give up?
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no! you should never give up unless you don't care. if someone told me that i didn't know my neice so why bother i would tell them that i know her in my HEART and i love her.

by husband just found his two brothers that he never got to meet. your family is a peice of you and you need to be whole. especially since this is your deceased sisters daughter you have a RIGHT to know her especailly if she contacted you. not getting to know her is just going to hurt her and have him win again.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 5:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Gosh, if he's the guardian, I don't know if there's anything you can actually do. Any lawyers on here? I'm sorry, that's a mess and good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009