is this too much?

my dd is 5 1/2 months old. at 8am she gets an 8 oz bottle and then some rice cereal afterwards. when shes done that i give her an ounce of apple juice diluted with water to wash it down. she gets a 6 oz bottle at noon and another at 4 and then stage 1 vegetables at 630pm followed by another ounce of juice. then at 9 she gets a 7 oz bottle. she rarely throws up...if she does its just a very tiny amount. does this sound okay or is this too much? i dont want to make her sick...i dont force the food down though...sometimes she cries bc im not feeding her fast enough. plz no bashing though...im a first time mommy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she was full she wouldnt eat it... babies are smart... they know when they are hungry... if she isnt overweight then I think you are doing GREAT!!! as long as the baby is happy and healthy then you aren't over feeding...
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• she only cries when shes tired and shes about 15 1/2 lbs so shes not overweight :) im just paranoid lol.
    Anonymous

• then I think you are doing GREAT... and dont worry it's our perogative as mothers to be paranoid
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• 4 hours is pretty long to go without eating! I would try smaller amounts more frequently... but then I've never bottlefed before. It would just seem to odd to not feed my baby for 4 hours!!!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• she goes from 9 pm to 8 am without eating and she wakes up in the morning cheery and smiling. ive tried feeding her in between and she wont eat.
    Anonymous

• do you notice a particular veggie makes her throw up? maybe its an allergic, even a small one, to that particular veggie. People think an allergic reaction has to be this big giant reaction, but sometimes its something as small as a rach. :o) other than that it sounds to me like she is eating too fast. can you distract her with toys or something so she slows down. as for bashing, not here mama, you sound like you are doing just fine. Pretty great isnt it? being a mom and loving something so much. hee hee good luck hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• YOU ARE DOING WONDERFUL!!!!! I am also a first time mom. You always wonder if what your doing is right or wrong. The wonderful thing about being a mom is you already know what to do. Trust your gut. And your baby. They will let you know when they have had enough or need more. Docs tell you to feed on a schedule, but feed when they are hungry. The spitting up is prolly just because she is eating so fast. My daughter does the same thing. That or she is getting just a bit too much and it comes out. But yes if she does it with a certain food, everytime, you might want to stay away from that one for a while. Keep up the good work and enjoy it all.....
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009