how old was your baby when they rolled over for the first time?

my babygirl is 7 weeks and today i put her on the floor for tummy time and she was hlding herself up really well and then she rolled over (tummy to back) it didnt look like she just fell over, the way she was moving her legs and everything it looked like she really rolled over...is it too early for her to be able to do this? i got so excited i almost cried..lol

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest son rolled over the first week. It took me by surprise, and luckily he landed on soft carpeting, and I am pretty sure that this is not typical. 7 weeks sounds as though your little one is advanced in rolling over skills. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• She rolled from her stomach to back pretty early on and from her back to her stomach at about 3.5-4 mos.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my daughter rolled at 8 weeks...so no it's not crazy...but they prob won't do it all the time. Mine went weeks at a time without doing it, then out of the blue...there she was.....she didn't go from belly to back though, she went back to belly....she was 14 weeks before she could do both. then she was unstopable. @ 5.5 months i couldn't stop her from rolling from one side of the house to the other
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter was 2 1/2 months when she first rolled over from her tummy to her back. But when she was just a week or so she would roll to one side. She even laid on her side to sleep.
    Anonymous