Is this normal?

My son is only 19.1 lbs and is 11 months old and he was born 9 lbs so therefore he has only gained 10 lbs since he was born. What makes this worse is that when he was 4 months he weighted 16.8lbs and therefore he only gained less then 3 lbs in 6 months. I DO FEED MT DS and he seems to eat all the time but I am a little concerned that something may be wrong. I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• I don't know what MT DS is. His pediatrician should be aware of this and should be advising you or running tests.

Answer by Bmat at 5:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• OOPPPS sorry MY DS i was typing to fast lol. My ped has voiced the concern but said that she cant do anything until he is a year so I am at a loss. Just trying to find out some info before that time.
    Anonymous

• OK, thanks. :)

Gosh. I think I'd be tempted to talk with a different pediatrician. I know how it is to be frantic all the time about your little one's health. I wish I had something to suggest more than that. I assume you are feeding a good diet. Have you tried different formulas for example- but the pediatrician should have suggested this if it could be a problem. good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 5:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009