preeclampsia help!

Ok so i am almost 33 weeks and when i went to my doctor my bp was high, i also gained alot with extreme swelling. I dont use salt or eat out at all. I drink alot of water and watch proportions when i eat. I dont want to gain more than 30 pounds. My doctor sent me to get bloodwork and take a 24 hour pee test for protein. I have some of the other symptoms also but just thought they were normal, including blurred vision and costant pain in my upper right side. My question is for those who have had the test done what was your results? And for those whove had preeclampsia how far along were you, what did your doctor do, any health problems for your little one? Please just share your stories. I want a better idea what to expect.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 5:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got it when I was 29wks along. I was put on bedrest. I had a nurse come to my house 2x a day to check me and babe. Finally my BP went too high that they induced me. My daughter was born 5wks early and had some trouble breathing which is completely normal for them to experiance. They put her on a monater and she had to stay there until her weight went up and her breathing inproved. She weighed 5pds 7ozs. I'd say that was a good size baby for being early! lol
    Its very stressful going through it all but it does work out and you and babe will be looked after.
    Keep us updated hun!! Good Luck to you!! *HUGS*
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• causes high blood pressure so alot of times theyll take the bby early to get u both tthrough it bc it ends when bbys born it can only last for 6 wks max after bbys born(potentially fatal but not always)
    Anonymous

• I was diagnosed with it with my dd when I was 35 weeks then I had my weekly appt and it was very high so they kept me overnight in the hospital and it didn't go down the next day so they induced me(I was 36 weeks at that point) and she was born healthy(6lbs 6 oz ) and had no trouble breathing(but they did give me steroids for her lungs the week before, they were anticipating my BP rising).
    Anonymous

• I was 38 weeks & 5 days when I had to get the 24hrs sample. The only symptom I had was swelling. When I drop of the sample they told me that they'll give me a call to let me know the results. I never got the call so I though I was safe. 2 days later i started my contractions so I wen to the hospital i was 4cm dialated so I staid. The only thing is that there gona put alot of medication in your body & the baby gets it too. Good Luck.. They might induce u depending how High your protine is..
    Anonymous