to all the christians

How did you find you "purpose" in life?
How did you find the "gift" God gave you? I'm just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Actually my purpose in the grandest sense of the word is just what it is for all others. Love Christ with my whole heart, mind, and spirit. Serve Him with a willing, joyful heart and all my strength, know Him more fully each day. Love others as Christ loves them, sacrificially. And to proclaim His gosple till He returns or calls me home.

In a practical sense, that means first being a good wife to my husband, a good mother to my children, a good daughter and daughter in law, sister, etc. Then serve my spiritual family as God leads me, and always serve others be they of the family of God or not. One of the ways God has gifted me is writing. I use it to write cards and letters to people who need encouragement or teaching. Another gifting is compassion. The ability to see others as people who are created in God's image and to serve them. This is used in my ministry to families affected by disability. cont
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm not even sure I have found mine yet.....I am a SAHM and that's what I do every day. I have no talents either so.....
    For me, I believe that God will reveal my gift in due time.... Just be patient and pray! That's what I so! :)
    Anonymous

• I feel our purpose is to help one another and reach out to others as well. As far as gifts, I don't believe everyone has one but if there is something you know you do well you can probably use that talent as a way to encourage/help others.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How did you find you "purpose" in life? When i found Jesus Christ and ask him to come into my heart.. God has a plan and a purpose for all of our lives... MY purpose is to show people the love of God in me and help them find the Lord and to love others and help others...

How did you find the "gift" God gave you? I prayed and every time i would ask God to show me what he wants me to do for him... I told him I want to do whatever he has called me to do and i would pray and pray that same thing and one day he showed me :)....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Very few churches have ministries for the disabled. 7 out of 10 Christians with a disabled child do not attend church, because the churches are unwilling or unable to meet the needs of their disabled child. If you are a Christian that statistic represents children that are never hearing about God's love, families that are not recieving love and support for their marriage and their parenting, or for their individual spiritual life. This has become a passion of mine. I feel much as a missionary must feel that I can not stand by and allow this to happen. So since I can only be responsible for my church we are in the process of developing the ministries for these families.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009