Panick attack! Really need some advice ladies... please.

We moved to AL almost a year ago and I still have ZERO friends here.my husband works two jobs but even when he is at home all he does is play on the computer or play video games. The only time he ever wants to spend time with me is when he wants sex.. He won't listen when I tell him that I miss him or that I'm lonely. he just doesn't get it. He see's people at work and has some friends from the reserves and he had a friend over alllll day yesterday and they played video games... it was the only day off he's had in forever and didn't even THINK to spend ANY of it with me. The only person I ever spend any time with is my 12 month old daughter who I adore! But I need more than that! I'm so lonely I don't know how much longer I can stand it!! I don't mean to sound like I'm whining or anything I just really need some advice. I don't know what to do. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I have even asked a worker at the grocery store who looked about my age if she wanted to "hang out" sometime... I felt like such an idiot and she looked at me like I was one too. I just don't know how I'm gonna go one more day like this... just thinking about the fact that I'm gonna be stuck here at home again tonight all alone makes me feel like I'm on the verge of having a panic attack....
    Anonymous

• sucks, google your town and see if theres any online forums or chat rooms. people need friends.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Try to find friends who have similar interests. For example, walking the child around your neighborhood, if you find another mother walking her child. Or swinging at the playground. or taking classes at the local college or Y. After you've had a chance to talk with another mom, if you seem to have similar interests and you think you'd get along, suggest that you meet (with the children) at a fast food place etc for coffee or lunch. You'll be able to tell if you want to start up a coffee/playgroup day with her. But find people who share your interests. Volunteer work is a great place, or a church or other religious place.

Answer by Bmat at 5:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• check on here (cafe mom) under the mom search and type in your zip code. Man! I wish I lived near you cause I'm going through the same EXACT thing...sigh, but My family and I recently started going to church and there are some pretty friendly moms there. I just haven't hung out with themm outside of church yet though...you could also check under meetup.com and look for a group local to your area or join your local gym see if there's a mommy and me program or something. GL to us..
    Anonymous

• Get out of the house!! Go to parks at different times of the day; moms tend to go to the same park at the same time. Try to find a mom/tot class, like a swim class.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You werent an idiot for asking the girl to hang out. The right person would be totally cool with that. Try craigslist or myspace or local mommies groups in your area. Go to the park and look for other desperate moms who are more than happy to accept your friendship. As for hubby tell him to get with the program or you'll be asking out the GUY at the check out next time
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009