I found an old solid silver quarter......

any idea how much it's worth or where I can go to cash it in?

MHaney1980

Asked by MHaney1980 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• it's not much, i have a whole drawer of them. the cash for gold places take silver too and they have a butt ton of shops around right now, jewelry stores do it too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• depending on the mint date and what shape it's in it could be worth something. Look in the phone book or online for a coin collector's shop. I know it has a name but can't think of it. Call them and they will let you know if it's worth anything or not.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• define old. actually, if you want to email me photos of the front and back, my husband can probably give you more information

Answer by rkoloms at 8:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• google the year and value of the coin. Like 1896 quarter. You will see a picture of the coin you have and it should say around what it goes for next to it. That's what I did when I ran across some old coins.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If you are lucky, it's worth about $.50.. I have Rolls and Rolls of old silver coins. None are really worth much!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• your quarter isnt likely to be worth as much for its minting compared to its melt value. right now old silver coins are worth about 10 times face value for melting (www.coinflation.com). call a coin / jewelry shop to get a quote on what they would pay you. that means sabrina's 10 dollar roll of quarters could be worth 100 dollars - not much, right? haha

gahbahj

Answer by gahbahj at 1:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009