is this what the "nesting syndrome" means?

My mother told me that it means the baby is coming soon! and thats not the best news since I just found out the doctor had my due date wrong and Im farther along then expected.
Just need to know if I need to rush even more then I already am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah it means the baby is coming soon, but it doesn't mean like in a few days. i had my nesting phase when i was 7 months with both my kids, so i had about a month to go. as long as you have some clothes, a bassinet, blankets, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, a carseat, and health insurance, then you're ready to have that baby! don't even need a crib until a couple months after the baby
    Anonymous

• I think its the more intense it gets the closer the baby is to getting here. but as far as just having it ive heard of people who have had it most of their pregnancy
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Do not rush anymore than you already are as it can cause you to have ligament pain and really hurt. Also drink lots of water if you are nesting. Not drinking enough water and not resting enough and doing too much can make your belly and legs hurt. Having a baby is exciting, so exciting we can't sit still toward d day. It's natural and especially helpful since we are able to get so much done when the time gets close. But there's no need to do it all in one day.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 6:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• well its very intense. I freak if I see just a little bit of dirt on the floor, and I've never been that crazy lol.
    Anonymous

• I started nesting at 5 months and delivered on time. It is different for everyone. The day before I did get a burst of energy and clean EVERYTHING though.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• From what I could tell about nesting syndrome for some it was the entire pregnancy. :)

Answer by Bmat at 6:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• anon. at 6:32
    all I have is clothes, and I still have to paint her crib and the car seat. I have nothing else
    Anonymous