cream question aveeno

So my daughter is eight months soon and just a few weeks ago we took her to the doctor cause we thought she was sick and when i was there i asked about the little red bumps on her arms and legs he said dry skin and to put more cream on it. We use Aveeno cream on her morning and night and i see little change but not much do you have a suggestion of cream to try. We can't use the Johnson's baby lotion cause it dries her skin out and thats why we use the aveeno cream and that helped with the dry parts. But I'm not sure if it is helping with this. what kind do you think may help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would stop the lotion and ask doc to look again. if it were dry skin the aveeno would have helped alot. it sounds like something more tho so take her back and ask him for another opinion on what it could be.Sometimes if the wrong stuff is used it can make a skin condition much much worse, as I found out with baby acne lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can try Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It's with all the baby lotions and creams. My daughter's pedi suggested it because she has sensitive skin and would break out with little bumps . It works well.
    kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i agree with both posters. eucerin or aquaphor should work if aveeno doesn't but if none of them work, go back to the doc. our doctor said my daughter had eczama but in reality it's a hereditary thing called Keratosis pilaris or KP. check your or hubbies arms for these bumps aswell since it's hereditay. they don't itch or cause irritation for the most part. it's just a little red bumps.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• oh, and by the way, the lotions won't really help at all if it's KP
    FinleyFirst

• petroleum jelly
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yeah they don't seem to bother her they are just there she gets mad cause she wants to move her legs and arms when i do it but no cause it is hurting or iching...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009