you have got to be kiding me right?

I need tips on how to sleep.
I haven't been able to sleep since I was 28wks, and now I'm 33wks, and I know I wont get any sleep after she comes, with her and breastfeeding and my husband and all the family. So I need to get sleep now. I need tips.
P.S.
I tried tea, didn't work (every kind of tea to relax you, didn't work)
I have been sleeping less then an hour a night. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try to get into a good comfy position and relax. also try a warm glass of milk and maybe as your laying there..read a boring book, or perhaps one you like. hope this helps, and GL.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lay off the crack! is it because you are uncomfortable? depressed? just not tired? try a memory foam pad on the bed or have the doc suggest a sleep aid. i don't believe you're only getting an hour a night.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was given a list of pregnancy safe medications. For Insomnia it says to take some Benadryl. Hopefully that helps you :) Good luck
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• try tylonal PM ask your doctor first but something over the counter like that could help
    Anonymous

• It sounds like perhaps you can sleep because you are overly anxious? Perhaps a warm bath with some lavendar essential oils before bed every night would help? If it's heartburn causing the inability to sleep, down some mylanta and sleep sitting up. Also, bf'ing is very HELPFUL in getting lots of sleep when baby comes. No bottles to prepare! Just slip baby the boob and doze back off. So easy. I got no sleep with my dd who I had to pump and give bm in a bottle to but have not missed a wink of sleep since my ds was born a year ago. He bf just fine whereas my dd would not. I hope you find some rest soon though.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 6:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• yes I rest all day, b/c I cant sleep. but even during the day I cant sleep. I have to just relax
    Anonymous

• Are you not sleeping because you are thinking about the baby all the time or due to being uncomfortable or some other comfort issue? I was having trouble sleeping due to heartburn. We have a ton of pillows for when we had company last year. So now I sleep on my left side, but propped up on three pillows. Then one pillow behind me so that when I roll over on my back, I am still leaning toward the left and not flat on my back. Then I have one pillow between my legs and it also supports my belly. My husband calls it the wall of pillows. I'm 35 weeks now and so far I sleep fairly well. I get up to pee about twice a night and I have a night light in the bathroom so I don't have to turn on the big light and really wake myself up. I also have a glass of water and Tums by the bed for when I need them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was told I could take Tylenol PM. I started doing it at around 35 wks. I also took baths and used a heating pad for sore spots.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009