President Obama and Race

I understand that people are upset with our President because of his comments about the Professors arrest and I agree that he should have put more thoughts into his comments, but the like the fact that he didn't give us the party line answer, or the political answer and expressed his opinion, but tat is just my take on it.
However, my question is for those of you who believe that our President is Racist, have you not noticed that during every televised press conference, at least one of the reporters will bring race up in some way? Or am I the only one that thinks so?

gludwig2000

Asked by gludwig2000 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• President of USA is not racist but many woman in cafemom are.

Anonymous

• you're the only one that thinks so. the lot of us are more worried about the economy, jobs/unemployment, national healthcare, cap and trade, and spending sprees. i could give 2 sh!ts about race...there are far more important things to discuss.....assuming one is intelligent enough to discuss them and evolve.
    Anonymous

• If you do not wish to discuss my question, why answer? Many have concerns as you mentioned, but as there are several questions devoted to our President's response, I thought I would ask a question of my own. Have a nice day though, and thank you for stopping by.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't agree with most of the things that come out of Obama's mouth, IMO he would make a better used car salesman then our president. Race is going to come up for the next 4 years because he associates with known racists (his pastor is a perfect example) and we now know he has no problem throwing the race card around.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL Anon :41. I seriously hope the sentiments of some on CafeMom are not representative of a majority of women, because that would be horribly saddening.

As for the OP. I don't think the President is racist, and I cannot comment on the frequency of "race" questions, but he is asked about alot of issues in the media that he shouldn't be addressing like that incident.

Also, though I don't believe his answer on the Gates/Policeman issue was correct, I also don't think he is guilty of race baiting. I think he heard one side of the story, and commented on the situation without forethought that there might be more to that story.

I think the best thing for all of us to do for President Obama, that officer, and Prof. Gates is talk about something else.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• OP you may be the only one that thinks so because I have never noticed it. And he did appear to be racist by commenting on the Gates thing without even knowing all the facts (which he admitted to). I do think he seems to have a talent for dividing people. Rich/poor, black/white, liberal/conservative. He says one thing and then says or does another later on.

Anonymous