• In the Spotlight:

WHat are some things that you wish you had gotten at your baby shower but didnt? I'm talking about things you didnt realize you would need.

I wish I had gotten less receiving blankets, onesies and baby wash.

I wish I had gotten a breast pump, batteries, and swaddle me blankets

pinkgemini85

Asked by pinkgemini85 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got everything I needed at the baby shower because I didnt got go crazy a register for alot of things! I registered for things I really needed and bought the lil things myself! One thing I would suggest for everyone is a baby papasan cradle me swing
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 6:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i wanted one of those things to listen to the babies heartbeat...i got tons of bottles and receieving blankets and omg 3 or 4 diaper bags...people should talk more and find out what the other is getting so we dont get so much of the same stuff.
    Anonymous

• A supply of Colic Calm and the little pacifier thingy that administers it!

www.coliccalm.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I wish I would have gotten less bibs I probably got about 50 of those. I needed someone to buy diapers and wipes lol.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I HATE the swaddle me things- I have a billion, u can HAVE em. LOL
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Less clothing like onesies and baby lotion/washing products.

More diapers, wipes, socks, those mitts that went on his hands.
    Anonymous

• I wish I or someone would have thought to buy some outfits for the future, like 24 mos, 2T, && 3T things. I had so many onesies for him that I could wait 3 weeks or longer before he ran out of things to wear, but now that he's 2 && actually gets dirty, I have to do his laundry way more often....lol. That && bigger outfits are more expensive.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sheet savers, more crib sheets, sleep sacks, and DIAPERS! I loved the swaddlers too and wished I had of asked for some. Also, I wish I had of asked for more expensive bottles and accessories, like the Avent brand.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 6:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I got two crocheted/sweater type outfits. We live in SC and I'm due in August. I wish we had not gotten those. They were bought, they weren't made by the people. And the one looks like it wasn't cheap, either.

I would rather people have gotten us cloth diapers rather than clothes at the shower. We pretty much have her covered in the clothing department from the time she's born until about 9 or 12 months old because my stepmom has been going to yard sales and just buying clothes when stores have sales. My husband and I have bought her two things - a onesie and a shirt.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Baby gates and safety items (outlet plugs, etc). You will need them sooner than you think and they are really not fun to buy! lol
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 7:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009