Are there really still people that believe the Civil War was won by the South?

I always hear jokes about people that think the South won the "War of Northern Agretion" But are there really people that still think that way? I know when it happened there was little to know comunication between the states. Mail was slow, no TV, low literacy levels... But are there really people TODAY that believe that way?

**Sorry, Wasn't sure where to post this... We need a "homework help" section for questions like this one...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I live in the South and I dont know anybody who thinks this....if there are then they must live in the backwoods..lol....most people in the South are just like everyone else....we have our fruit loops but not too many.
    Anonymous

• There probably are. I can't say I know any offhand any more (I think this school of thought should be pretty close to dying out of old age) but sadly there is no shortage of rednecks who still insist we will rise again and "defeat them yankees" this time. sigh.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Anon, my part of the south is a whole factory full of fruit loops just waiting to be poured. Consider yourself very lucky.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The south did win the war and you might want to post this in current events or just for fun?
    Anonymous

• You must not read history or even watch the history channel other anon.

Anonymous

• Everyone Jesus died for is without sin. Yes, I'm ready. I have been for a long time.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 7:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• In a way, the South did win in spirit. They managed to continue to abuse, rape and lynch blacks for almost a hundred years after the war ended before anyone managed to stop them.
    Anonymous

• Ok, callmeann, no idea where that came from, but, thanks for sharing.
    Sabrina, I certainly hope not. And if there are I want to know what hole they have been living in. How could you NOT know that the North won? I mean, isn't that part of most grade school history classes?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If you do a little research, you will find that the war of northern aggression is not over. Let me see if i can locate the links.....
    JonesboroGypsy

Answer by JonesboroGypsy at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• jonesboroGypsy..i like your avatar!! maybe one day the razorbacks will rise again, too!!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009