How to discipline a tween who steals money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• spank them
    Anonymous

• A tween is too old for spankings, anon 3:51. Time to take away privileges.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• boot camp, send them to jail for a night
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Boot camp is harsh if this is the first time and how many people have the ability to safely take their kid into a jail? Let alone for a whole night?
    I am sure you have explained to them why it is wrong and of course you should take away privleges and/or ground them, but I like to get creative if I can.
    Maybe you can make him earn some money and then take it away from them. After you have another conversation with them about how it feels to have money that they work for taken away, you can tell the where it really went ( to the person who they stole from or to a charity.)
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No they're not! Bust their ass! I was 17 last ass whooping I got!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with PP. Time to put a little leather in their lives.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Much more information is needed to answer this question.....what is being stolen? what else is going on? If you look at the whole situation, you will see what is going on and the answer will be in there! This isn't happening in isolation.....children take things that they think they need, or they think they are entitled to, or if they are jealous or resentful....that sort of thing. Understanding combined with a natural consequence is all that is needed. But the understanding would lead you to the appropriate consequence as well, so start thinking about what is actually going on!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Next time leave him/her a note attached to the money. You will pay this back plus interest. Stealing never pays. Something like that, be creative with your message.

Love mom.

bow down

dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• work off the debt cleaning,yard work etc.. also ground them from everything except food & bathroom.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009