Does anyone know of a good diet?

I have a 8 year old and a 3 year old. I still havn't lost the baby weight from the 3 year old and it's really starting to get to me!! Does anyone know a good diet that works and doesn't cost a ton of money?

Crystal342

Asked by Crystal342 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yeah, stop eating bad carbs (pasta, bread, cereal) for now untill you loose the weight, once you loose the weight to maintain it only eat them once or twice a week and on holidays etc. - eat lots of protein - chicken, turkey, egg whites, tuna fish, steak, fish, nuts, mozzerella cheese etc. - eat good carbs like fruits & veggies - and drink as much water as possible, like at least 8 glasses a day. you have to exercise too though. this is how i lost 60 pounds 3 months.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• this sounds like a diet Im trying right now. I lost 3 lbs in 3 days so far. I am not significantly overweight, I get very irritable when I diet. Im trying somersize from suzanne sommers, and I feel great, satisfying meals, etc. I got her book from my library, she wrote 3 about diet. Its real easy to follow and you can eat the foods you like, no portion control, no counting things. Its about food combining and eliminating bad carbs
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I lost 75 lbs in about 3 1/2 months. I've kept it off for 3 years! Here's how I did it...

First, I bought Billy Blanks Tae-Bo system. It's cheaper at Walmart than online ($30). I did the workout 3x's a week. I only did what I could and sat out the rest. After about a month, I started watching very carefully what I ate for dinner (Lean Cuisine is easy) and ate a sensible breakfast and big lunch. The weight came off like nothing! I went from a size 16 to a 10 in no time at all! In order to maintain my weight, I carefully monitor what I eat everyday. Good luck!
    B_Vail

Answer by B_Vail at 9:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• This feeling is terrible! I ended up going from around 130 pounds to 170 and I was stuck there after having my second child! I tried everything but I just couldn't find anything that was working for me!

I was watching oprah one day and ended up seeing acai berry on there. So I did a lot of research on the internet and decided to give it a shot. You won't know what works for you until you try! I tried a few different supplements until I finally found one that works.

I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i lost 125 by doing a 1200 calorie a day diet and like maybe 30 min. of moderate exercise a day (like a walk lol). and i kept it off for 2 years until i had my first baby and then i went back on and lost my baby weight in 6 months (i had gained 50 lbs.) it works really great. no cheating though lol. and when you've been on it for awhile then you automatically make good choices without reading the label too long and you have a better sense of portions and what foods are filling but not alot of calories. i think i also read a study that compared the 1200 calorie/day diet to tthe fad diets (ie. atkins, south beach, etc.) and most people who did the 1200 calories didn't gain back as much weight (or they kept the weight off for a longer time). it's more like training your body and you don't get as many setback cravings. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• duct tape
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Thanks for the info ladies.....except the duct tape!
    Crystal342

Answer by Crystal342 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yes. Eat healthy (no processed foods, no HFCS, no refined sugar, whole gains, fruit vegetables), drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep, exercise on a regular basis (both cardio and strength training).

You will lose weight, save money and feel great. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Weight Watchers, it is not a diet but a lifetstyle change. It is the only "diet" that my doctor will allow me on because it teaches proper portions, healthy eating habits with real food. Exericse is also important. On WW, you can eat anything, but in moderation. Check out their website. I purchased the materials and don't go to the meeting and I still lose weight.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2009