bored kids?

I was wondering if any of you wonderful moms out there feel the need to NEVER let your kids become bored? I feel awful when the kids complain, it makes me feel like the wolds wost mom. Ever. Anyone else feel this way? Everyday?

Peanut_Farley

Asked by Peanut_Farley at 6:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• When they complain about being bored, they get two options: clean the bathroom or read a book.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i'm 23 and still tell my mom i'm bored, good luck
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms. When they say their bored I tell them to either go read (at least for my older 2, the younger two can't read) or I can find some work for them to do.
    I don't spend my day entertaining them, nor do I feel I should. They should be able to entertain themselves and if they are bored it's their own fault. They need to find something to do. It's summer so most of the time they go ride their bikes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I hand mine a washcloth when they say they are bored. They get to work on getting fingerprints off the doors, light switches, or cleaning off the baseboards. They are only 3 and almost 6, but I rarely hear that they are bored anymore. I find it hard to believe that they can be bored in the first place with all the stuff we have around here.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 8:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You are not an entertainment system for you kiddos. Gracie's four and half, she doesn't need your constant supervision so let them kids learn to entertain themselves and use their imaginations. (Then perhaps you'll have more time to talk to your bff, lol!) I remember as a kid my mom never played with me, I was always making my own fun, (not that I think that's right), but kids can do it! Pretty soon you can send them to "Auntie" Addie's house when they say they're bored!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I tell my kids it takes a bore to be bored. Even if they are not in some sport or activity there is always something to do. I'm bored is just an excuse to have someone else entertain them.
    Anonymous