can I ask my midwives to pull my mucus plug?

I've been loosing my mucus plug for a week andim sick of it.. can I ask my midwives to pull it all out so it stops coming out in pieces?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think you can ask them to strip your membranes, i think its the same thing. they might do it for you.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure about them pulling out your mucus plug but I know that you can ask to have your membranes stripped. Sorry not much help. Good luck though.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL. You do realize its not like a bathtub stopper right?
    Anonymous

THIS.

Why not just let things happen naturally?
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 7:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• you can, but your muccus plug rebuilds it self so you can just have to deal with it, but it doesnt hurt to ask
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LMAO...bathtub plug was the first thing I thought of too. You can ask your midwife anything. She'll probably get a good laugh out of that one though. Your plug can regenerate so though you are losing bits, you are regrowing bits. I know cervix snot isn't all the pleasant. Invest in some pantyliners.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• take a very warm bath and some more will come out maybe alot who knows, i know when i was in labor alot more stuff came out
    Anonymous

• there is no pulling a mucus plug and even if there was it regenerates so it would not matter or help things along at all. Babies come when they are ready!!! sorry...
    Anonymous

• I don't want it done to start or help progress labor, I'm just sick of it coming out every time I pee. if it just regenerates thoug then I guess there's no point... thanks to those of you who gave non judgmental answers... its nice to know somw women have a heart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 25, 2009