What's the difference between cheerleading and drill team?

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our drill team worked with the marching band and performed at parades and field shows during our half-time games and at our competitions. Sometimes drill teams use flags, batons, the fake rifles, and rhythmic gymnastics moves, and others just perform choreography on their own.

Cheerleaders didn't at our school. They did dance stunts and routines, but it was limited to rallies, football and basketball games. They also had their own independent competitions they attended.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think usually cheerleading is more actual "cheers" that are made up and the pom poms and stuff. And drill team is more dancing. I think...
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think pp was pretty much right but in cheerleading they do stunts like flips and things along those lines and I don't think drill teams do
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Cheeleading is more stunts and cheers. Drill teams are dance team. Most of the time the drill team are made up of those that were not able to be cheerleaders. This may sound mean, but it is normally the truth.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Cheer is dancing to music. Where drill is dancing with a band and with objects like fake guns, flags, etc.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009