6 month old ate paper!!!

My almost 6 month old just ate paper! She picked up a peice off the floor and hadit in her mouth before I could get it from her. What should I do? Please dont bash me, I just need advice!

isra1986

Asked by isra1986 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• assalamu alaikum sister,

I don't think a little piece of paper will harm your child. you will be surprised masha' Allah what things they put in their mouthes and live through. alhamdulilaah, unless your child develops fever, starts throwing up. ( which is highly unlikely for a small piece of paper) I wouldn't start up the car... LOL. we nicknamed our boy the Hoover, he used to put anything and everything in his mouth. LOL. he was a challenge. now he is eight, and will try any kind of food, it's refreshing LOL.

proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• Don't worry about it she just got a little extra protein that's all! Seriously though my little guy used to try to eat paper like it was going out of style. Since it was just a little bit I wouldn't be too concerned. Trust me she will try and might succeed in eating things worse than that. My cousin son at a lego man head at some point and she didn't find out until he had a stinky diaper! Relax she'll be fine!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• LOL my little man eats anything he can find! he really likes magazines?!? he thinks its funny when the newspaper turns him colors too. Babies have there own way of exploring new things oddly enough they always end up in there mouth. she will be fine promise!
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• Ok, thanks ladies!!! I was ready to head to the ER, lol.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• lol, my 7 month old daughter ate a bandaid tab (off the back with the waxy side) the other day as I was putting one on her boo boo. I freaked out and called my dad (a police officer) to make sure she wasn't gonna die or anything. He laughed so hard at me, but told me she was gonna be fine. Glad to know I'm not the only one who freaked out!!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 2:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2008

• I had a friend whose daughter loved to eat napkins at this age. She asked her doctor if she should be worried, and the doctor told her it was fine to LET her daughter eat them... but to go for the white kind. No additives to worry about, and cleanup is so much easier.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2008