Do you think insects understand and feel emotion?

two days ago I went for a swim. There was a butterfly in the pool. I scooped it out and it started moving, so I put it on the side of the pool and lightly blew on it to help it dry off. After about five minutes the little guy took off. Well DH and I went swimming. About 10 minutes into the swim the little butterfly was sitting on the side of the pool. It let me get right next to it, like not even an inch. So we left him alone so as not to scare him, but we were watching him. Well I have a humming bird feeder near the pool. A humming bird stopped and the butterfly attacked it! I have never seen a butterfly attack anything before. In the next 20 minutes it attacked 3 other butterflys and another humming bird, but only when they got close to the pool, and everytime it would go right back to the side of the pool and sit there and watch us. What do you think?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 8:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww.. i don't know what to think, but thats pretty amazing... ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Serial killing butterfly! Just like people, they always LOOK nice...
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 8:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lol!! Butterflies are gonna take over the world.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 9:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How sweet! I love butterflies - I buy butterfly themed items for my granddaughter because her Blackfoot name is Aponi Ainihkiwa, which means Butterfly Song.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:30 AM on Jul. 25, 2009