Shouldn't my baby be rolling over?

UPDATE***SHE IS ALL OVER THE PLACE!! 6 MONTHS OLD!
I posted this in another group but thought I may be able to get some answers here too!

So my 5 month old baby goes to daycare and all the babies are very close in age! The oldest is 6 months and it goes down from there!

All the other babies roll all over the place..from back to front and front to back! My girl refuses to roll over. When I put her on her tummy she just spreads out her arms and screams and she is perfectly happy on her back so she doesn't even try to roll that way!

She uses her arms, sits up good with help, pulls on things, and stands and pushes up with her legs when we hold her, but she will not roll over!!!!!

I've never heard of such a thing and I feel bad for her when all the other babies are rolling all over the room!

Is this normal? Will she ever roll over? Is there something

JBeals

Asked by JBeals at 8:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At about 4 months old they all rolled from tummy to back, back to tummy was much later. She NEEDS tummy time, even if she cries. I know it's hard, and when you put her on her tummy, play with her. Get on your tummy next to her, encourage her to lift up her head and look at things. She needs the time to learn HOW to roll over.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• well first off, your baby is different from every other baby. you can't compare your baby with other ppl's baby's b/c...every baby develops differently.maybe your child can so something that theirs can't but just be patient.She may be working on something else
    Anonymous

• i would make her have more tummy time. put her on her tummy and put a toy in front of her. something she really likes. she will be pissy at first, but when she learns to roll over she'll like to do it (all the time lol).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Babies don't have the ability to be lazy.. she's just moving at her own rate. My daughter hated to be on her back, and once she could roll onto her back it made her mad because she would end up on her back at night, and it would wake her up.

Yours will get there in time :) Like anon said, you really can't compare your child to other peoples.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yeah I agree. My pediatrician said to put her on her tummy no matter how much she cries, but to also get down there with her, put toys in front of her so she's distracted, and show her how to roll over by helping her. My daughter rolled over for the first time at about 3 months, maybe a little older, but took a few weeks off. She's 4 months now, and does it with such ease. It just takes time, and if she's doing other things, than it really probably is just that she's not getting as much tummy time. I bet she'll be doing other things, you know, like crawling or walking, before some other babies, it just depends on the baby.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter started rolling over after 6 months she hated belly time and would lay there and scream everytime I put her there, then one day she started to roll from her back to her belly which was weird cause I thought she would go the other ways first then about a week or two from that she was going from belly to back now she rolls all over the floor and she is going to be eight months, one thing though she doesn't crawl so that could be cause she hated belly time so much but I'm not worried she may do it soon so just keep that in mind if yours doesn't crawl might be cause they hate belly time too but everything will happen in time....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009