date of baby question...

Okay this is my first positive pregnancy so I am just kind of confused. So the first day of my last cycle was May 28th, 2009. Took the tests 12 all three positive :). My cycles are about 37 -40 days and ovulate about day 20ish. So based on my last cycle date I would be 8 weeks but does the fact I ovulate later than 14 days affect the babies age? The reason I ask is I went in for my first ultra sound and they found the sac but nothing in it and no heart beat. My hcg and progesterone levels are high and I go back tomorrow to get them re-tested to see if I will miscarry or not. Just wondeirng about how pregnant I really am. I guess I probably just want hope that the baby is younger than I thought thats why they didn't see/hear anything on the ultrasound. Thanks

Linds2003

Asked by Linds2003 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at my first US the same thing happened. they saw the sac but no heart beat or anything. My first day of my last period was march 4. at my later US's we found out I was only 4 weeks pregnant at my first US... my docs say I conceived on April 5th. So I guess I just ovulated late? im now 18 weeks pregnant. Your situation is probably the same
    Anonymous

• with my first pregnancy the same thing happened and I thought for sure I was 7w along- but I had an U/S 2w later and there was baby-heart beat and all. I was just 4w at my first. there are so many variable to when you conceive that anything is possible. that pregnancy for me is now a 4y old boy who need to o to bed! =) think positive!

Anonymous