America's Most Beautiful Babies 2009 Edition???

So I was overly excited when I got this email and my parents thought to have the plaque would be an amazing thing. So they ordered it for me. but now Im hearing horror scam stories about in 2008 but letters came in mail and they were asking for $60+ and actual mail back account info. so think its the same thing and im already screwed? or could this be the real deal the other one just went off it? I researched and cant find anything pretaining to the 2009 and with the 2008 they was legal actions taken and all the info about the phony address and numbers and guys name. NONE of which match this one... any thoughts? cause im feelin like an idiot to even of been excited! let alone let a family member order!

ssngray8

Asked by ssngray8 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I thought about ordering in 2007... same price! i just felt it was a scam... i mean, I know mine is the cutest (lmao) but they had tons of babies in the book. I just felt like if I ordered it would have been like everyone elses at that time. I think they put in every persons baby who submits a pic hoping for $. I was excited as well until I looked into it a little further and was disappointed... however, it would have been cool to have a plaque, we didn't and still don't have the $ so I never got to find out :( .

I would say watch the mail and if it doesn't come soon check into where you ordered from and see! I hope it isn't and you get your plaque, but watch accounts and such just to be safe. GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• hello i was wondering if you ever got it? i just got the e-mail today and want to know if its a scam? thank you
    sam.
    emery27

Answer by emery27 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I recieved my baby plaque but im not about to pay for the book because I think it might be a scam as well but I am going to look for it in stores soon. I will let you know.

Victoria
    HouseWife08

Answer by HouseWife08 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• yes i also received an email from great american photo contest and they are alsoo wanting me to purchase the book but im not b/c i beleive it is a scam to get money. think about if you won something why should you have to pay
    jewl23

Answer by jewl23 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I really don't think it's a scam. I've read a few testimonials where people have said they got theirs, and it was worth it. One woman said that it's beautiful and that she's glad she got it. She said it just took a while to get because they have so many to send out and they're not really quick about it. But they said you do get it, even if it takes a while. Just be patient. I hope you get yours soon. Also, for those who think that they just include everyone's, that's not true. They only pick 1500, out of the million+ that I saw entered in it when I did. I entered my son and daughter. My daughter did not get chosen, but my son did. I really don't think it's a scam. Congrats to everyone who was chosen! It's such a great feeling. I hope you get yours soon!
    SassySassa

Answer by SassySassa at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I have done some research on this today & I have found that ONE out of many testimonials that I have read actually has the book with their child in it. I seen this on amazon.com. It was the 2009 edition that she had purchased. I don't know how she recieved her copy but you can buy it online at amazon.com for $89.99! I tried to find the 2010 edition that my son is suppose to be in but nothing came up! I never got an offer to buy a book but I did get the offer for the plaque. I chose not to pay the money for something that I have no proof if it even exsits. So, until I find the 2010 edition with my child in it, I will not give them any money!! Good luck to you though, I hope things work out for you:D
    tiffb252

Answer by tiffb252 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am still looking into these books and where you find them. I typed the words "bookstores.com" into my web browser and it brought up a site to use. In the search engine I put in "most beautiful babies in america" and to my surprise...the books came up! 2009, 2010 editions in different volumes though(?). Not sure what that's about. Don't get TOO excited though....they were ALL OUT OF STOCK! :( I guess it just made me feel a little at ease to see that the books are out there somewhere. I hope this helps you other mommy's who are havin some concern and doubt. I'm gonna keep searching for a copy and hoping my little boy Daniel is in it like he is supposed to be:)
    tiffb252

Answer by tiffb252 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010