Your opinion please...

the child safety harness...

lalasmom8

Asked by lalasmom8 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you mean the leash? i have one, but it doesn't really work that great. they just pull on it and complain lol. is that what you're talking about?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• yeah thats what I meant
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was thinking of getting one for my daughter
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• o my son didn't like it much. so instead of running everywhere he would just stand there and try to take it off, which i guess is a plus if you're in a store, but not so much if you want to actually be walking around lol. maybe you could buy one and then return it if she doesn't like it?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i have one and i love my monkey leash.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• We have one that is a back pack that we will be using. I trust them completely. If you get them used to wearing it it won't be a problem.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I used one with my older daughter, and she loved it! She'd cry when it was time to take it off:) I haven't really used it with younger daughter but I haven't really needed to. If I was going somewhere that she'd be walkking alot, I'd use it in a heartbeat!
    chamaham

Answer by chamaham at 10:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my nephew had one for the mall/grocery store... well i dont mind them, except he was just outright crazy! instead of pulling on it or trying to run away... he would JUMP up in the air and fall face first on the floor and then act like he was swimmin!!!! he was about 2. OMG talk about embarrasing! that was worse than him screaming lol.... he wanted to roll around on the floor with that thing on.... good luck :)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• In my opinion they are completely ridiculous. What happened to doing things the old fashioned way - you know keeping an eye on your children instead of tying them up? Of all the things they call child abuse now, this thing hasn't made the list yet? Just my opinion. I am sure there are lots of you that use them in a nice way but I personally have seen people use them worse than you would use a dog leash.
    LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i have one, we use it for outings to big places where i can't keep my eye on them for every second. my son has been walking since 9 1/2 months, i like to let him walk but i don't want him being walked on. if we are in a place with space for him to roam then he just hold my hand or walks with me. i think they're a neat idea, but not necessary for everyday use.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2009