Transportation is a right

For the vast majority of the country, there is no viable public transportation available 7 days a week. In most places, they don't even have it 5 days a week. It is nearly impossible to maintain a good job without transportation. While millions of people manage to buy their own vehicles, and many low income people manage to get by without working at all so they don't need them, there are people falling through the gap. They need to work, but they don't have a car. The government should make cars available to all people. Transportation is a right. Of course, they won't get things as nice as the Lincolns and BMW's their congressional reps have, but a basic Yugo will do. They can be offered at a cut rate of only $5 or 6k. Anyone who refuses, of course, should be fined $2500/yr.

After this we can work on passing the laptops and broadband for everyone so they can be sure to receive all Obamamail.

Who's on board?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the OP is being sarcastic. How many more "rights" do we have? Lets offer everyone free food and housing. And everyone should be "given" a job, too. And if you don't want to work, you should still have the right to get paid, right? And pets! They shouldn't go to just the privileged few, everyone should have a government subsidized pet with free vet care and pet food! WooHoo! LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Uh LOL no I do not think so.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The government isn't your tit.
    Anonymous

• What are you talking about?! lol I can't think of anyone that is saying government subsidized transportation is a right.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I can't think of imagine anyone that is saying government subsidized transportation healthcare is a right.

Anonymous

________________________________________________
    Okaaayyyy.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• back under your bridge, troll
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL!!!! Hilarious analogy.
    LuckyPebble

Answer by LuckyPebble at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Great analogy! I think you have done a fine job making this point. Amen!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Okaaaaaay... sure. Now back away from the bong honey... come on, back away. Now go to bed and quit playing on the internet. I get your analogy, but wow. You will get all those liberal out there thinking and you know how dangerous THAT is. We have a right to basic needs to survive and health insurance isn't one of those basic needs. Too bad libs don't know the difference between health insurance and health CARE. We can all get care any time we damn well please... just to to the ER.

Anonymous