How long did it take for your baby's belly button to completly heal after the cord stump fell off?

My son's fell off a few days ago, but he has blood spots all over the place from where he sleeps, to his diaper and it is all scabby inside. I just don't remember my daughter's doing that.

Gracemommy

Asked by Gracemommy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter's cord stump fell off like 2 weeks after she was born and I don't think it took too long for the belly button to heal after it fell off..maybe a day or two.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• 9 days after it fell off it was completely dry and normal looking. I lookrd it up in my son's baby book...lol. My daughter's was normal the next day.
    meaghan_joy

Answer by meaghan_joy at 6:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I actually accidentally ripped my sons off during a diaper change. You want to talk about bleeding. It was sooo gross!! I just kept putting a bandage on the area until it healed. Hopefully you can get one to stay on...it is tricky!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I just looked at his 'diary'. It took exactly 13 days for all the crusties and scabs to heal and fall off from the inside of his belly button. I've heard the normal time is 2 weeks, so this falls pretty close to that general time.
    jacksmom27

Answer by jacksmom27 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My son's was very bleedy, as well. His fell off about three weeks after he was born and bled for another week or so. I tried to keep it as clean as possible and kept things from rubbing on it.
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 9:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• 3 WEEKS,YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT 3 TIMES A DAY WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL.IF IT GETS INFECTED IT WILL TAKE LONGER 2 HEAL.
    newmummi01

Answer by newmummi01 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008