mucus plug? TMI???

I wanted to know what your mucus plug looks like when it comes out. I don't think I lost it with my first but this time around I have little pieces of something gross coming out when I use the bathroom. I just wanted to know if thats what it was or if it is something different that I need totalk to my OB about. Iam 30 weeks along by the way. Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine looked like huge chunks of sticky bugers...it was nasty. I would bring it up with your OB either way
    Anonymous

• ya mine also looked like bugers very sticky
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 9:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• it was the most disgusting thing i ever saw. it was like very thick gelatin but so strong you couldn't pull it apart. and it was like a greyish greenish color. it came out in the shower like 6 weeks pp lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• like pp said except mine was pinkish... at 30w I would be concerned though it generally goes hand in hand with labor, if its not as thick as pp have said then it could be leukorrhea- discharge you have through out your pregnancy but can get thicker - this kind would also be similar to discharge you get before your monthly cycle.

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 9:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• looks like cooter boogers!!! hahaha its so gross! when mine came out..i bled light pinkish the next day and then the next day after that...i went into labor!!! GL :)
    Anonymous

• my last pregnancy it came out the day i went into labor and with this one it came out as a brown blob at 33 weeks and i didnt go into labor till 38 1/2 weeks
    Anonymous

• even if it was a piece of your plug the plug can regenerate at any time. so unless you lost your plug and your water broke. I would worry at all.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i meant *** wouldn't**** sorry I'm sleepy!!
    angelbabies14