Circumsion on youtube....

Ok so i just watched a circumsion on youtube, and the baby was awake and crying the entire time!!! Does anyone know if they at least numb "it" before the start prodding and cutting?!

please ease the mind of a mom carrying a little boy......

sarahgibbs

Asked by sarahgibbs at 9:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am wondering this too...I dont know what I am having yet. I was hoping for a boy til I remembered circumsions, now I dont know if I could handle it...
    Anonymous

• yes, they do use a local anesthetic now. That video was probably pretty old if they didn't.

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• when they give me back my son after it was done they told me he didnt feel a thing.
    he was sound asleep when the brought him back to me.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• When my son was circumcised, I was told he would get a local anesthetic. He didn't seem to be in any pain for quite a while and that only when he would pee. If they don't tell you, smear some antibiotic cream on the diaper where the penis will be. It keeps the sore spot from sticking to the diaper and help him to not be too uncomfortable.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• you could ask your ob/gyn since they will probably be the one doing the circ. and btw, my son used to cry whenever his diaper was open, so you can't really assume he was crying bc it hurt so much or if he was just a pissy baby who did not like his diaper open lol. but talk to the dr. going to do the procedure.... that will make you feel much better
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I remember being in the hospital and hearing my son cry when they done my sons. It broke my heart,but I knew it needed to be done.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My son was not given a local anesthetic. He slept throughout the entire procedure. When they brought him to me afterwards, he kept on sleeping. When he woke up, he wasn't crying or anything.
    Anonymous

• They numb it and also will offer sugar water if you give them permission...the video on you tube is done in another country in the 1970s
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• thank you ladies. :)
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 10:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009