Which restroom should a trans gender use?

If you were in a public restroom with a small child how would you feel for a trans gender using the same restroom?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 9:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow.. it would be freaking hard to explain to my child why that man was using the girls bathroom
    lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i wouldnt make it a big deal. transgendered people usually quite rememble the gender they are mimicking so i doubt a child would even notice especially since some adults cant.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• well they are supposed live like their new gender fro a year before surgery, so that would mean going in the opposites restroom. I personally don't care, most stalls have doors.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would be angry if I had to explain to my small child that a man was in the womens bathroom. Have some tact, not everyone agrees with this behavior!
    Anonymous

• I know a few transgendered people and from what I know they do not go into the opposite sexes restroom until full transformation, so it wouldnt be like u see a man. Its actually not allowed until full transformation because their license still reads male until fully transformed so you wouldnt have to explain it. and if anyone is in the stall long enough to discover that someone is transgendered then you have some other issues u need to figure out. last i knew all bathrooms had stalls unless it was a one at a time restroom...lol
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Dom let's pretend you are on a field trip with a group of 50 children, you would be in the bathroom for a while. LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The gender that their genitals say they are. Women would be less shocked to see a man-looking woman in the womans restroom than men would be to see a woman-looking man in the mens room and IMO if you chose to dress abnormally you need to get comfortable with people staring at you.
    Anonymous

• Unless he got his dick cut off and looks like a woman I would be freaked out. I don't feel I should have to accept what he thinks in his head when I can see the truth!
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well, last time I was in a ladie's room, they had stalls and doors. The men's room is typically a different story with a unrinal and a toilet...I wouldn't worry about it too much until I see a man with the stall door open taking a leak in full view of the rest of the bathroom.! Personal opinion mind you...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• uhhhh..... they should use whatever sex they identify with or are transitioning to. I would welcome the questions from my child about this if there were any.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009